The December 6 gala returns to Las Vegas for the second year in a row as the National Soccer Foundation celebrates its 75th anniversary.
IRVING, Texas (November 30, 2022)- Anticipation continues to build as the National Football Foundation (NFF) and University Hall of Fame prepare for the 64th annual NFF Awards Dinner hosted by Las Vegas, which will take place at held December 6 at the Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. As part of the NFF's 75th anniversary celebrations, the historic black-tie event serves as the highlight of the college football regular season.
The star-studded class of the College Football Hall of Fame of 2022 is the focus of the event, and 15 of today's football stars will receive $277,000 in graduate scholarships as members of the NFF's National Class of Scholar Athletes of 2022 , presented by Fidelity Investments ® to raise US dollars. The 15 student-athletes will also be finalists for the coveted William V. Campbell Trophy®, which will be awarded during the event for the 33rd time to the nation's most revered soccer athlete.
HOW TO ATTEND DECEMBER 6
64th Annual NFF Awards Dinner Presented by Las Vegas - 7 p.m. m. (pacific time)
NFF Annual Awards Press Conference - 10 AM m. (pacific time)
Introducing the Class of 2022 College Football Hall of Fame Announcement and 2022 MEAC Player of the Year
More information about the event can be found atNFF Annual Awards Dinner Website
For more information on media coverage of the event, see
"All of us at the National Soccer Foundation can't wait to return to Las Vegas for the 64th Annual NFF Awards Dinner as we celebrate our 75th anniversary this year," said the NFF president.archie manning. “Many people came together to support this year's event and I would like to give a special thank you to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority and CEO/President.steve colinaas the presenting sponsor of the event. Bridging the gap between the regular season and bowling season, the NFF Annual Awards Dinner hosted by Las Vegas provides a unique setting where we briefly set aside intense rivalries to celebrate our sport together.”
Since 1958, as president of the United StatesDwight D. Eisenhoweraccepted the NFF Gold Medal at the inaugural event, the NFF Annual Awards Dinner hosted by Las Vegas has proven to be one of our nation's most compelling events, attracting industry giants and leaders from all walks of life. areas of life. The historic event became the only night of the year that brings all of the college football entities together to celebrate the game. The 64th edition marks the second year in a row that the NFF Annual Awards Dinner has been held in Las Vegas.
"The National Football Foundation represents everything that makes our game great, and tonight simply presents the best and brightest college football," said the NFF President and CEO.Steve Hatchel. “The achievements of the 2022 award winners make us proud and provide us with the best vehicle to inspire future generations to follow in their footsteps. We look forward to honoring you as we celebrate our 75th anniversary. If you're passionate about college football, there's no better place for December 6th!"
Rafanelli eventsheaded by the presidentDeborah Farley, is serving as event coordinator for the 64th Annual NFF Awards Dinner hosted by Las Vegas. The awards dinner on Tuesday night will be produced by the executive producer.Ariadna C. Villarrealby A-Team Event Management. Videos featured on the show are produced by DallasLDWW.
The 64th Annual NFF Awards Dinner Presented by Las Vegas – December 6
With more than 100 colleges and universities, 19 college commissioners and more than 40 returning members of the College Football Hall of Fame, several well-known football luminaries will perform on the night.ESPN3 will broadcast the annual NFF Awards Dinner hosted by Las Vegas live beginning at 7 p.m. m. PTthrough this link.
- Master of ceremonies:davis cooler, ESPN broadcaster and host of College GameDay
- official greeting:steve colina, CEO/President of Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- Recognition of 2022 NFF Legacy Award Winners:Bob Bowlsby, former commissioner of the Big 12 conference;Tom Burnett, former commissioner of the Southland Conference;doctor dennis thomas, former director of the Middle East Sports Conference;craig thompson, outgoing commissioner of the Mountain West Conference; ANDBob Vecchione, retiring NACDA CEO
- In recognition of the 2022 Middle East Athletic Conference (MEAC) Player of the Year and NFF Chapter Leadership Award recipients
- 2022 NFF Chris Schenkel Award Winner Recognition:don fischer, Voice Two Indiana Hoosiers
- 2022 NFF John L. Toner Award Recipient Recognition:Mitch Barnhart, Kentucky Athletic Director
- Introducing the NFF National Scholar-Athlete Class of 2022 Presented by Fidelity Investments®:kathleen murphy, Vice President of the NFF
- Presentation of the 33rd William V. Campbell® Trophy:gato ford, NFF vice president, television personality, and former Yale defense attorney
- Toast to the 75th Anniversary of the National Football Foundation
- Introducing the College Football Hall of Fame Class of 2022:archie grifo, NFF Board Member and inducted into the Ohio State Hall of Fame in 1986
- Response on Behalf of the College Football Hall of Fame Class of 2022:I will walk like this, former field marshal at Stanford
- Official College Football Hall of Fame Ring Ceremony:archie manning, NFF president and 1989 Mississippi Hall of Famer
- "God bless America":Daniel Rodriguez, America's beloved tenor
College Football Hall of Fame Class of 2022
The College Football Hall of Fame Class of 2022 induction is the highlight of the evening, providing the ultimate stage for legends of yesteryear to take their rightful place among football immortals.
This year's class includes 18 First Team All-Americans, three coaches, 10 unanimous First Team All-Americans, three consensus First Team All-Americans, eight perennial First Team All-Americans, nine college football major award winners and three winningest coaches in school history.
The College Football Hall of Fame Class of 2022 includes:
- Lavar Arrington– LB, Pensilvania (1997-99)
- Bailey Champion– DB, Georgia (1996-98)
- Michael Krebsbaum– WR, Texas Tech (2007-08)
- Silvestre Croom–C., Alabama (1972-74)
- mike doß– S, Ohio State (1999-2002)
- Chuck Ealey– QB, Toledo (1969-71)
- kevin faulk– AP/RB, LSU (1995-98)
- Moe Gardner– DT, Illinois (1987-90)
- Boomer Grigby– LB, State of Illinois (2001-04)
- mike hass– WR, Oregon State (2002-05)
- marvin jones– LB, Florida State (1990-92)
- I will walk like this– Field Mariscal, Stanford (2009-11)
- marcus messner– DT, Míchigan (1985-88)
- terry miller– RB, Oklahoma State (1974-77)
- Rashaan Salaam– RB, Colorado (1992-94)
- dennis thomas—C, Alcorn State (1971-73)
- Zach Wiegert– AT, Nebraska (1991-94)
- Roy Williams– DB, Oklahoma (1999-2001)
- Coach John Luckhardt– 225-70-2 (76,1%); Washington & Jefferson [PA] (1982-98), California [PA] (2002-11)
- Treinador Billy Jack Murphy– 91-44-1 (67.3%); Memphis (1958-71)
- Coach Gary Pinkel– 191-110-3 (63.3%); Toledo (1991-2000), Missouri (2001-15)
2022 William V. Campbell® Trophy Finalists and Members of the NFF National Class of Scholar Athletes Presented by Fidelity Investments®
The 15 members of the 2022 NFF National Class of Scholar Athletes presented by Fidelity Investments® will kick off their celebrations on Monday, December 5 with a Scholar Athlete Dinner presented by Fidelity and hosted by The Las Vegas Raiders and Allegiant Stadium. NFF board member and 2015 College Football Hall of Fame inducteelincoln kennedy(Washington), who serves as the Raiders' color radio commentator, will welcome the honorees to the world-class, state-of-the-art Las Vegas Stadium.
The 15 honorees, each competing as a finalist for the 2022 William V. Campbell® Trophy as the best soccer player in the country, have an outstanding GPA of 3.78. Other class honors include 11 captains, six graduating players, two master's players, eight American scholars, 14 college all-conference selections, nine all-conference All-Americans, 13 all-conference honorees, and four school record holders. .
Each fellow athlete will receive a US$18,000 graduate scholarship, with the Campbell Trophy® winner claiming a total of US$25,000.
Finalists for the 2022 Campbell Trophy® include:
- jack campell, LB - Iowa (3.49 GPA - Corporate Governance)
- anders carlson, PK - Auburn (3.92 GPA - Professional Flight Management)
- jake chisholm, RB – Dayton (3,98 GPA – Pramedizin)
- Nicholas D'Ambrose, RB – Chicago [IL] (3.69 GPA – Neuroscience)
- ryan greenhagen, LB – Fordham (3.85 GPA – Business Administration)
- Very Ifesinachukwu, DL – Yale (3.67 GPA – Biomedical Engineering)
- seven eyes, OL – UTSA (3.78 GPA – Cyber Security)
- Adrian Martinez, QB - Kansas State (3.55 GPA - Management)
- Pedro Oliver, RB – Santa Cruz (3.95 GPA – Chemistry and Spanish)
- walter out, OT - Stanford (3.52 GPA - Biomechanics)
- austin stidham, OL – Troy (3.92 GPA – Biomedical Sciences)
- Julio Wilkerson, LB - Wayne State [MI] (3.85 GPA - Psychology)
- austin williams, WR - Mississippi State (4.00 GPA - Business Administration)
- jr lumber, OL – Johns Hopkins [MD] (3,65 GPA – Economía)
- Michael Wozniak, DL - Saint John's [MN] (3.86 GPA - Accounting)
NFF Annual Awards Press Conference – December 6
The morning press conference provides the media with an opportunity to hear from the College Football Hall of Fame class of 2022. The press conference also includes the announcement of the 2022 MEAC Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year.Media and fans can watch the entire press conference live on ESPN3through this link.
The press conference includes:
- Press conference moderator:kevin coach, Senior Associate Director of Athletics at the University of Arkansas
- Comments on the state of the NFF:Steve Hatchel, President and CEO of NFF
- official greeting:steve colina, CEO/President of Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- College Football Hall of Fame Class of 2022 Reviews
- MEAC Players of the Year Announcement:Sonja O. Stills, MEAC Commissioner
NFF Chapter Leadership Award Winner 2022
The NFF will honor the winners of the 2022 NFF Chapter Leadership Awards during the NFF Annual Awards Dinner hosted by Las Vegas. They will also be held during a dinner at Allegiant Stadium sponsored by Hellas Construction. The awards recognize five individuals each year, one from each region of the country, for their dedication, generosity, and leadership at the local level.
- Johannes Barbarotta– NFF-Kapitel DeSantis-McDougall/Fairfield County (CT) (Nordosten Region)
- tony coca– Chapter of NFF Lehigh Valley (PA) (Oyster Region)
- ken leaching–NFFT Tom Lombardo/St. Louis Chapter (Midwest Region)
- James Lofdahl– NFF San Fernando Valley (CA) chapter (west region)
- freddy sandel– NFFMiss/Lou Chapter (Southern Region)
NFF national academic athletes at the 2022 SBJ Intercollegiate Athletics Forum - December 7th
The NFF once again partnered with Sports Business Journal to promote the SBJ Intercollegiate Track and Field Forum, which will take place December 7-8 at the Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. This year, the NFF will once again send two members of the NFF's National Class of Scholar-Athletes of 2022, presented by Fidelity Investments, to speak as part of a forum panel and discuss their transformative experiences as high-achieving student-athletes. The panel will take place on December 7th at 9:40 am. m. PST.
- Podium Moderator:shannon terry, Founder and CEO of On3 Sports
- Participating NFF 2022 National Scholar Athletes:walter out(Stanford) miaustin williams(State of Mississippi)
The NFF thanks its corporate partners who support the organization and its mission throughout the year, as well as the annual NFF Awards Dinner hosted by Las Vegas and upcoming events:
- Deportes Katapult
- delta airlines
- loyal investments
- Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- New York Athletic Club
- Das Pasadena Tournament of Roses
- Legacy Rose Bowl Base
- sports business newspaper
Sponsors and supporters of the event
The following businesses and organizations are supporting the NFF Annual Awards Dinner hosted by Las Vegas and upcoming events:
- Hanold Associates LLC
- Hellas Bau
- Las Vegas Raiders and Allegiant Stadium
- Spielman Konigsberg & Parker, LLP
- transportation management services
National Football Foundation ÜberDie and University Hall of Fame
Founded in 1947 under the early leadership of General Douglas MacArthur, legendary Army coach Earl "Red" Blaik, and immortal journalist Grantland Rice, the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame is a nonprofit educational organization. for-profit that provides programs to harness the power of amateur soccer in the development of youth education, citizenship, and athletic performance. With 120 chapters in 47 states, NFF programs include selecting and inducting into the College Football Hall of Fame; the Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta; soccer future; the William V. Campbell® Trophy; the NFF National Class of Athletes and Scholars presented by Fidelity Investments; the NFF National High School Academic Excellence Award; and a series of initiatives to honor the legends of the past and inspire the leaders of the future. NFF's corporate partners include Catapult, Delta Air Lines, Fidelity Investments, Jostens, Las Vegas Convention and Visitor Authority, New York Athletic Club, Rose Bowl Legacy Foundation, and Sports Business Journal. follow usFacebook,InstagrammiGore@NFFNetwork and learn more atfundacionfutbol.org.